St. Louis Suburban School Nurses' Association is a district of the Missouri Association of School Nurses. We serve and support approximately 340 public and private school nurses in the metropolitan St. Louis area. We offer monthly meetings featuring speakers on topics of various interests to our membership. We present an annual Fall Workshop in October and co-sponsor School Nurse Survival Training every summer.
Our Mission is to educate, support, promote the professional growth of and advance the practice of school nurses.
Our Vision is to promote recognition of School Nurses as Professionals by all stakeholders.
MASN, the MO Immunization Coalition, MOAAP, MOAFP, MOPHA, MAOPS, MSMA, plus all voiced opposition.
Missouri House Bill 37 which has been amended onto HB 682
- Removes immunization requirements from non-public schools and childcare centers
- Prohibits DHSS from adding requirements for any immunization not listed in the bill
- Removes meningitis vaccine requirement for higher education on-campus housing residents
- Removes local public health authority in assuring that parents claiming exemptions have full understanding of risk and benefits of mandatory school vaccines
- Adds that a student at a public elementary or secondary education school, a public institution of higher education, or a daycare can attend school by submitting a written religious or conscientious belief statement or submitting a religious or conscientious belief exemption form developed by the Department; the school or daycare cannot require any additional conditions before accepting the exemption.
The link to HB 682 - https://legiscan.com/MO/drafts/HB682/2021
To find your legislator go to: https://house.mo.gov/legislatorlookup.aspx
Annual dues are $15.00 (Payable to SLSSNA). Membership is open to all school nurses, public and private, in St. Louis County and St. Charles County. * Contact Hours for nonmembers are $15 per CEU *
Our mailing address is:
St. Louis Suburban School Nurses Association (SLSSNA)
c/o Carolyn Kluttz
18010 Tara Oaks Ct
Chesterfield, Mo 63005
Our monthly meetings offer an average of 1.0 Contact hour